Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Sync Lost

  1. #1
    Inactive Member francki's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 1999
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,
    I always lose the sync with asio drivers when I play MIDI+AUDIO and never lose it when I use MME drivers.Bizar?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi pal,
    could you tell me what sequencer program you are running. Then it would be possible to answer your question. Generally, the ASIO drivers are BETA. Don't expect to much from them until they are officially released by Terratec. The MM drivers ARE stable. But again, it depends on the software.

    best
    /bjorn

  3. #3
    Inactive Member francki's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 1999
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    I'm using Cubase VST/24.The problem is that most people seems to be happy with the ASIO drivers.
    And hmmmm...Someone told me that terratec would not developp any more the EWS64XL (beta versions included) frown(

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2000
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hiya,
    Have you optimised your system (win95/98)?
    If you haven't, I tell you that it makes a BIG difference. Your machine will be slower for non-music applications but what do you want - play duke nukem or do music?

    Please have a look at the Music Solutions website to get some interesting tips on how to optimise windows 95/98 for hard disk recording. http://www.musicsolutions.com.au/art...ngwindows.html

  5. #5
    Inactive Member francki's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 1999
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Bjorn,
    Thanks but I solved my problem biggrinesactivate metronome(why I don't know).Now,wonderful...
    Well,as you said in the early days of this forum,I went to the music solutions site and I found interresting things in particular make DMA settings for IDE drives.Now it works faster wink

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •